EU Electricity Network Codes
Response Deadline: 31/Aug/2017
Consultation is now closed
Currently the CER is consulting on the criteria for granting derogations pursuant to Articles 79 to 81 of the Commission regulation (EU) 2016/1447 "High Voltage Direct Current" (HVDC NC). The HVDC NC stipulates new requirements for all new long distance DC connections, new links between different synchronous areas (e.g. interconnectors) and new DC-connected generation (e.g. offshore wind farms). The HVDC NC will apply to all new HVDC systems and DC-connected PPMs procured after 15 September 2018 and does not apply to existing HVDC systems and DC-connected PPMs. The deadline for submitting responses to the CER regarding the criteria for granting derogations pursuant to Articles 79 to 81 of the HVDC NC is 17.00 Thursday, 31st August 2017. Responses to this consultation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
at the CER.
The European Electricity Network Codes have been developed following implementation of the Third Package. The European Network Codes will enable electricity network operators, generators, suppliers and consumers to operate more effectively in the pan-European electricity market. These Codes intend to deliver a harmonised set of rules for the operation of the gas and electricity sector in Europe.
Member States are obliged to implement the European Electricity Network Codes into the Grid Code. To date the CER has consulted and made decisions on the following European Electricity Network Codes:
1. Network Code on Requirements for Grid Connection of Generators (RfG):
• On 12 June 2017 the CER published a decision paper on the Generator Classification as an Emerging Technology according to the RfG (CER/17/119);
• On 13 April 2017 the CER published a decision paper on the Criteria for Granting Derogations Pursuant to Articles 62 and 63 of the RfG (CER/17/084);
• On 10 February 2017 the CER published a consultation paper on the Criteria for Granting Derogations pursuant to Articles 62 and 63 of the RfG (CER/17/013);
• On 26 October 2016 the CER published an information paper regarding the RfG Emerging Technology Application Guidance (CER/163/05).
2. Network Code on Demand Connection (DCC):
• On 1 June 2017 the CER published a decision paper on the Criteria for Granting Derogations pursuant to Articles 52 and 53 of the DCC (CER/17/116);
• On 13 April 2017 the CER published a public consultation on the Criteria for Granting Derogations pursuant to Articles 52 and 53 of the DCC (CER/17/083).