The main activities of the Gas Safety Committee relate to reviewing, and making recommendations regarding, activities which are of relevance to natural gas safety, such as:
- the reporting of gas safety incidents and associated procedures;
- the causes of incidents, response by relevant parties and the implementation of agreed recommendations arising out of investigation reports and the committee’s review of such incidents;
- the acceleration and prioritisation of the replacement of cast iron gas distribution mains;
- efforts to reduce the incidence of carbon monoxide poisoning arising from the incomplete combustion of natural gas; and,
- the operation and maintenance of the gas network, including high pressure gas transmission pipelines.
The Gas Safety Committee, under its terms of reference, is required to publish an annual report which details its activities for the previous year.
To view the reports, please click on the link below:
For further information on this report, please contact Stuart Williams (email@example.com) at the CER.